My thanks for letting me borrow your information for my web page.
- The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide 29th Edition, Gemstone Publishing, Inc., 1999.
- p.211-218 "The American Comic Book: 1897-1932 In the Beginning: The Platinum Age" by Robert L. Beerbohm and Richard D. Olson, PhD. copyright 1999.
- p.226-233 "The American Comic Book: 1933-Present The Golden Age & Beyond The Origin of the Modern Comic Book" by Robert L. Beerbohm and Richard D. Olson, PhD, copyright 1999.
- Tijuana Bibles: Art & Wit in the America's Forbidden Funnies, 1930s -1950s, 1997
- Comics: Between the Panels, Dark Horse Comics, Inc. 1998
- Millennium Edition: Dectective Comics #1, DC Comics, 2000
- Hero Special Edition: The 100 most Important Comics of All Time, May 1994.
- Overstreet Fan #18, December 1996
- Wizard #59, July 1996
- Wizard #50, October 1995
- Wizard #40, December 1994
- Wizard #36, August 1994
- Wizard #30, February 1994
- Overstreet Comic Book Monthly, December 1993
- Overstreet Comic Book Price Update, July/Augest 1992
- Comics Scene, February 1992
- Marvel: All About Collecting Comics, 1989
- Amazing Heroes #167, June 15, 1989
- The Comics Journal #114, February 1987
- Famous 1st Edition: Sensation Comics #1
- Silver Age Classics: Detective Comics #225
- Silver Age Classics: Showcase #4
- Marvel Milestone Edition: Fantastic Four #1
- Marvel Milestone Edition: The Incredible Hulk #1
- Marvel Milestone Edition: Amazing Fantasy #15
- Marvel Milestone Edition: The Avengers #4
- Marvel Milestone Edition: The X-Men #1
- Marvel Milestone Edition: Amazimg Spider-Man #129
- Wolverine Battles The Incredible Hulk (reprints of Hulk #180-181)
- Marvel Milestone Edition: Giant-Size X-Men #1
- Various other comics with small facts.
- Various Webpages for allowing me to borrow their gifs and information.
- Thanks to Fredrik Sibe and Bruce Grubb for taking the time to E-mail me with bits of info or corrections that I have added to my page.
- Thanks to Mike Kelly for the 1971 CCA information.
- A special thanks to Tom Brevoort for the year of Captain Victory #1 and Kurt Busiek for info on why comic companies didn't use the #1 gimmick back in the Silver Age.
- A very special thanks to Magyss, my brother, Timothy Chin, and William Kao for correcting some of my spelling and
grammar on some of these pages. Also to Chemist for getting this page up.
- And another special thanks to Steve Cadigan (Comic Fan Union) for sending me articals on some Golden Age greats.
- More help came from the Platinum Age and Plat Pics Mailing Groups now hosted by Yahoo Groups.
Go to the Links Page |
go to the Biography Page
This page is operated and updated by Jamie Coville. Reproduction in any manner without expressed written consent is not permitted by law. Copyright c 1996. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners. Page created on August 15, 1996.